PHOTO: The 28-year-old was the only bidder and bought the house for $460,000.
A young househunter has snapped up the Para Vista home she grew up in at a “super emotional” auction where she was the only bidder.
The auction for 13 Ellwood Ave in Para Vista was held on Election Day and according to Ray White’s chief auctioneer John Morris, it was a heartwarming result.
“Gemma was taken home to this house when she was born, and has now bought it back from the owners who her family sold it to in 2014,” Mr Morris said.
Ray White’s chief auctioneer John Morris with Gemma who bought 13 Ellwood Ave, Para Vista at auction. Pic: supplied.
“As you can imagine, it is a very special sale for her and her partner who was watching on Facetime,” he said.
The 28-year-old was the only bidder and bought the house for $460,000.
Interestingly, Gemma said the house was not on her radar.
“My partner and I already have another house and we had been looking for another property as an investment,” she said.
13 Ellwood Ave, Para Vista. Pic: supplied.
“As we were searching online, the house came up and I was surprised to see it listed for sale.
“We quickly spoke to our bank and decided to go for it.
“As my partner works away we weren’t able to come for the inspections, so I decided to go to the auction nevertheless.
READ MORE VIA NEWS.COM.AU
MOST POPULAR IN NEW ZEALAND
- Ex Ray White agent brings the world’s fastest growing real estate brand to NZ
- How bad could it get? | The ‘worst-case scenarios’ for New Zealand house prices
- Abandoned land for sale
- Budget 2022 – find out how it will effect housing in New Zealand | UPDATED LIVE (WATCH)
- Simon Bridges’ Tauranga family home passed in at auction | WATCH
- How an Australian woman got her ENTIRE house for FREE
- Kim Kardashian buys the house next door
- Economist warns first home buyers
- Melissa Caddick’s parents and husband face being HOMELESS | AUSTRALIA
- Big Lotto win turns sour: Auckland family caught up in house dispute