PHOTO: Australian medical researcher Maddie Walton (pictured) bought her first property worth $690K earlier this year
- Maddie Walton, 23, bought her first home in July 2021 without seeing it
- She’s been saving to buy a home since the age of 15 and put down $120,000
- The medical researcher worked two jobs and needed to hire a buyers agent
- The brutal reality of the market left her fearful she wouldn’t secure a home
- The 23-year-old has an impressive net worth of $147,000
At just 23, Maddie Walton purchased her first property in July 2021 for $690,000 without seeing it in person.
The young medical researcher put down a 10 per cent deposit of $70,000 but paid an additional $50,000 in fees for the 1970s home on the Gold Coast.
She turned to a buyer’s agent for assistance as she was working two jobs to save money fast – a full-time medical researcher position from 7am to 3pm and a retail job on weekends.
Maddie told FEMAIL she has been ‘dreaming’ of buying her first home since she was 15 but ‘couldn’t believe’ the brutal reality of the Australian property market when she tried.
‘Real estate agents wouldn’t take me seriously at the open homes I went to and because of Covid-19, only small groups could enter the property at the time – it was a nightmare,’ she said.
READ MORE VIA THE DAILY MAIL