PHOTO: Jan Koum, the co-founder of Whatsapp purchased the sprawling Paradise Cove property from his neighbor, socialist Diane Jenkins
- Whatsapp co-founder Jan Koum splashed $87m to buy the property next to his mansion from Diane Jenkins
- Koum previously sued Jenkins in 2020, accusing her of cutting down his hedges to boost her listing price
- The outcome of the suit is not known, but Koum landed the home for $38m less than it’s asking price
- Koum bought the neighboring property from ex-NBC Vice Chair Ron Meyer for $100m in 2019
- Last year, he also spent a whopping $125m to land the Beverly Hills estate of Quibi founder Jeff Katzenberg
Jan Koum, the co-founder of Whatsapp, has splashed $87 million to buy a Malibu, California mansion right next to one he already owns.
Koum will be buying the sprawling cliff-side property, located in the picturesque neighborhood of Paradise Cove, from socialite Diane Jenkins, a friend of Kim Kardashian‘s.
The billionaire previously sued Jenkins in July last year accusing her of chopping down $70,000 worth of hedges surrounding his home to boost her listing price.
While the outcome of that suit is unclear, Koum appears to have been handed a hefty $38 million discount on the Jenkins’ original asking price of $125 million.
The purchase comes less than two years after Koum snagged the neighboring home – a five-bedroom six-bathroom mega-compound – from entertainment executive Ron Meyer for $100 million in 2019.
Last year Koum, who’s estimated to be worth $12.5 billion, also spent $125 million to land the Beverly Hills estate of Quibi founder Jeffrey Katzenberg.
READ MORE VIA THE DAILY MAIL