PHOTO: A woman has been accused of trashing a struggling restaurateur’s house leaving thousands of dollars in damage and unpaid rent.
- Geelong restaurateur Chris Taranto had his house destroyed during lockdown
- While he managed to get Rebecca Kelly evicted, she still owes him thousands
- Tenant accused of leaving his home at St Leonards smelling like a cat’s litter tray
- She admits owing money and will ‘pay it back’ but denies trashing the house
- A civil tribunal ordered the tenant out despite COVID laws banning evictions
- A cleaning company specialising in homicide clean-ups has been called in
A woman has been accused of trashing a struggling restaurateur’s house, leaving thousands of dollars in damage and unpaid rent.
Chris Taranto, who runs Geelong’s The Continental on Little Mallop Street, has brought in cleaners accustomed to scrubbing blood off kill house floors to clean his Saint Leonards property, south of Melbourne on Port Phillip Bay.
The clean-up bill, quoted by two cleaners, is just under $30,000, such is the damage to the property.
Rubbish left at the property of Chris Taranto by Rebecca Kelly
READ MORE VIA THE DAILY MAIL