PHOTO: It was 4.26pm and property developer Joe Alha was walking into New South Wales State Parliament (left) for a few glasses of red with his mate Daryl Maguire. Alha was hoping their drinking session would lead to a meeting with somebody important – even the state Premier, Gladys Berejiklian.
- Moment property developer arrived for meeting with Daryl Maguire is revealed
- Undercover corruption investigators snapped photos of Joe Alha arriving
- The ICAC has heard Alha, Maguire and Planning Minister staffer had wine
- Alha and Maguire then ‘dropped in’ on state Premier Gladys Berejiklian
- But only ‘niceties’ were exchanged and no planning matters discussed
- Berejiklian has denied any wrongdoing as a result of her love affair with Maguire
But the businessman was apparently oblivious to the fact he was being covertly photographed by corruption investigators as he strode up Macquarie Street, Sydney.
A series of pictures tendered at the Independent Commission Against Corruption show the moments before Maguire and Alha met Berejiklian in a ‘drop in’ meeting.
Sydney property developer Joseph Alha is covertly photographed as he arrives at NSW State Parliament on November 15, 2017 – the day he had a ‘drop in’ meeting with Gladys Berejiklian