PHOTO: A home in Shalvey (pictured) is on the market for $499,000 and has three bedrooms – all of which have built it wardrobes
- suburbs with houses with backyards under $500,000 have been revealed
- Suburbs such as Campbelltown, Shalvey and Tregear have cheaper homes
- The catch is the suburbs can be between 35 and 55km outside of Sydney’s city
Eager homebuyers can snap up suburbans Sydney homes for under $500,000, if they buy in a few key area – but would have to live up to 50km outside of the CBD.
Affordable homes with backyards and enough space are hard to find in today’s property market, particularly for those wanting a short commute.
But suburbs including Campbelltown, Shalvey, Tregear and Blackett still have homes for less than $500,000 – and as low as $350,000.
The suburbs with houses under $500,000 have been revealed – but some are up to 50km outside of Sydney’s CBD (pictured, home in Tregear on sale for just $350,000)
Andrew Chrysanthou, a Harcourts realtor, said private rentals and young families were taking over the suburb of Tregear.
The suburb has a median house price of $462,000
‘The area has cleaned up ten fold … there is more of a mix of first home buyers and investors getting into the area,’ he told The Daily Telegraph.
SUBURBS WITH LOW MEDIAN PRICES
- Airds – $465,000
- Whalan – $492,500
- Tregear – $462,000
- Willmot – $452,000
- Bidwill – $490,000
- Blackett – $462,500
- Lethbridge Park – $490,000
- Campbelltown – $550,000, but many homes are for sale under $500K
READ MORE VIA THE DAILY MAIL