PHOTO: If you want to give your Instagram feed a serious kudos boost, head to Tokyo, once travel is back on the agenda, and get snapping.
If you want to give your Instagram feed a serious kudos boost, head to Tokyo, once travel is back on the agenda, and get snapping.
That’s because it’s number one in a ranking of the world’s most Instagrammable places for 2021.
The list has been drawn up by Big 7 Travel after it analysed Instagram hashtags for destinations around the world, asked the 600,000 people that follow its food and travel Instagram accounts for their opinions and considered the thoughts of its editorial team.
In second place is the stunning archipelago of the Philippines, with Paris third.
Also making the top five are New York City (fourth) and ‘big-time photo-friendly’ Istanbul (fifth). Sydney is eighth and London is in ninth place.
Scroll down to see the full list, published here in reverse order, and decide which place you’d most like to visit for a spot of ‘gramming…
50. ATHENS: This ancient city is ‘camera-ready at every turn with its crumbling ruins, world-class museums and endless winding streets’, says Big 7 Travel. It adds: ‘As one of the world’s most sought-after tourist destinations, it should come as no surprise that Athens is mega-Instagrammable’
49. BAKU: According to Big 7 Travel, ‘the little-known but widely captivating capital of Azerbaijan is loaded with Insta hotspots. From the ultramodern and award-winning Heydar Aliyev Centre to the 12-century remnants of Icherisheher’
48. PHUKET: This Thai destination is a ‘perfect blend of scenic and cultural beauty’ and ‘there are plenty of wow-worthy photo ops’, says Big 7 Travel. It recommends snapping Phuket’s Big Buddha, the street art in the old town and the Wat Chalong temple
47. HELSINKI: The Finnish capital is ‘aesthetically pleasing, from its vibrant neighbourhoods like the design district to its unique minimalist architecture and art nouveau buildings’. Big 7 Travel says the best places to get Instagrammable snaps are Helsinki Central Station, the National Theatre and Kallio Church
46. SOFIA: ‘Whether you photograph the serenity that surrounds the Cathedral of Saint Alexander Nevsky [pictured], the countless vintage trams that weave through the city, or hit up the Ivan Vazov National Theatre, there will be plenty of incredible insta-ops in Sofia,’ says Big 7 Travel
45. CAPE TOWN: According to Big 7 Travel, Cape Town is an ‘Instagrammer’s dream location’. Why? It has ‘endless natural beauty and clifftop views, pastel pink neighbourhoods and turquoise waters’
44. TALLINN: According to Big 7 Travel, the Estonian capital is ‘full of stunning Gothic towers, unbelievable old-world charm and has some of the best-preserved medieval architecture in Europe’. It adds: ‘Basically, you’re set for some very easy Instagrams’
READ MORE VIA THE DAILY MAIL