PHOTO: Matthew Scafidi
A high-profile Mitcham real estate agency director has lost his job after he allegedly posted a racist comment online.
- High-flying Melbourne real estate agent sacked after posting ‘racist’ comment
- Matthew Scafidi questioned if piece of gym equipment had been made in China
- Agent said he wanted to ‘avoid’ Chinese products if he could, sparking outrage
- Mr Scafidi has been stood down from his role at Jellis Craig Agency in Mitcham
- But supporters say there was nothing wrong in his push to ‘buy Australian’
The self-confessed ‘home gym enthusiast’ questioned the origin of some workout equipment in a post to his personal Facebook page on Monday.
‘No Australia Made logo on this one, can I assume on this and price that it’s a Chinese import? Wanting to avoid Chinese imports if I can,’ he asked.
The real estate expert said he wanted to avoid Chinese made products if he could, in relation to a piece of home gym equipment (pictured, the agent’s Facebook post)
READ MORE VIA HERALD SUN