PHOTO: The Sunshine State
With Queensland tightly locked down during the pandemic, the only holidays taking place in the Sunshine State were mortgage holidays.
New data from analysis company Equifax shows that nine of the 10 areas where the most mortgage freezes were granted are tourism spots in Queensland.
“The impact of the downturn on tourist trade is acute for Australians living in tourism-dependent Queensland regions,” Equifax’s General Manager, Advisory and Solutions, Kevin James explained.
Top 10 mortgage holiday hotspots
- Whitsundays (Queensland)
- Noosa (Queensland)
- Surfers Paradise (Queensland)
- Coolangatta (Queensland)
- Mudgeeraba – Tallebudgera (Queensland)
- Broadbeach – Burleigh (Queensland)
- Southport (Queensland)
- Gold Coast Hinterland (Queensland)
- Tullamarine – Broadmeadows (Victoria)
- Cairns – North (Queensland)
READ MORE VIA ELITE AGENT