PHOTO: Melissa Caddick. SUPPLIED
The Dover Heights home of missing fraudster Melissa Caddick is set to go on the market after her husband Anthony Koletti agreed to its sale.
Koletti, 40, has been given notice that he has until May 18 to vacate the premises. However, the fight will continue as to how the proceeds of the sale are distributed.
Koletti’s solicitor Sarah Swan told the Federal Court on Tuesday that, while her client had agreed to the receivers of his wife’s assets selling the Wallangara Road home, “the only real issue of contention” is what happens to the profits.
As long as the proceeds from the sale were “quarantined in a trust account” until further legal argument was had, her client accepted that the house had to be sold, Swan said.
Caddick, 49, disappeared in November 2020, only hours after the federal police and the corporate regulator ASIC raided her house in relation to the Ponzi scheme she had been running for years.
Her partial remains washed up on a remote South Coast beach in February 2021.
Koletti is claiming a slice of his wife’s $30 million proceeds of crime, including her Gucci wedding dress, $7 million in shares, $2 million worth of jewellery, two properties he claims are valued at $20 million and the proceeds from the sale of their luxury cars.
The hairdresser and music producer, who has been living in the house rent-free since the raid, has previously told the court the five-bedroom, four-bathroom home is valued at between $15 million and $17 million.
READ MORE VIA SMH
MOST POPULAR IN NEW ZEALAND
- Top TEN real estate companies in the world
- Real Estate GURU warns real estate agents will lose their jobs | WATCH
- Costco, the world’s second-largest retailer – first New Zealand store
- The insight that changed my real estate career
- Two real estate companies to merge
- ‘Unacceptable’: top real estate agents axed
- Saving for a house deposit? New investment app Sugar Wallet could be the answer
- Abandoned land for sale
- Property auction success PLUMMETS at Auckland’s biggest agency
- New Zealand’s most trusted real estate brand