PHOTO: Elle Macpherson. FILE
Supermodel Elle Macpherson is selling her supernice Miami-area mansion for a whopping $29 million.
She purchased the Coral Gables property in 2018 for $8.1 million, then got to work.
Although the splendid space had been renovated down to the studs by architect Chad Oppenheim, Macpherson wanted to redo the interiors to highlight her impressive art collection.
She tapped the design firm Sawyer | Berson to repurpose the place to showcase her eye-popping artwork, which includes pieces by Andy Warhol, Keith Haring, and Damien Hirst.
Once completed, the artful space was featured in a 2019 issue of Architectural Digest. Macpherson shared some of the photos on Instagram, including one of the front hall.
Although she had been looking for a midcentury home, the Normandy-style abode on almost 2 acres won her heart, she told the magazine. The “space and location just felt right.”
Though pricey, her place isn’t even the most expensive listing in the community of Coral Gables. With 385 homes on the market here, the median list price sits at a robust $1,185,000. The most expensive home in the area is listed for $40 million.
Adding to this home’s appeal is its location in the gated community of Journey’s End Estates.
“It’s only 18 homes. It’s a very exclusive area. It’s a very private and quiet place,” says listing agent Pablo Alfaro, with Douglas Elliman.
The contemporary estate spans 8,935 square feet with six bedrooms and 6.5 baths. The floor plan boasts high ceilings and abundant light, with a wide-open living, dining, and entertaining area.
As currently showcased, the design centers around the homeowner’s art. The entryway looks like an art gallery with its long hall and white walls.
Other highlights include a chef’s kitchen, a separate office space, and a library. The glorious primary suite contains two large walk-in closets.
Outside, the grounds include a saltwater pool, lush lawns, and tall trees, as seen in the model’s Instagram post from 2019.
READ MORE VIA REALTOR.COM
MOST POPULAR IN NEW ZEALAND
- 20-year-old buys first home after ditching waitress job for OnlyFans
- Property investor charged with fraudulently obtaining millions of dollars in home loans
- Real estate agent shares two radiant last pictures of his wife who tragically died
- Developer seeks to turn $12.5m heritage farm into luxury golf course | WATCH
- Goodbye NZ, G’day Australia: Last one turn off the lights
- REAL ESTATE MARKET CHANGES: New Zealand lost 11,000 people in a year
- THE ANCIENT STONE CITY: Proof of NZ civilisation before Kupe
- Abandoned land for sale
- Propellor Property Investments | Statement – Nikki Connors
- Real estate brand @realty brings 100% commission with no fees to NZ | WATCH