PHOTO: Scott (Jason Donovan) and Charlene (Kylie Minogue) will return to Ramsay Street in the Neighbours finale. CREDIT: KYLIE MINOGUE
Neighbours fever arguably peaked in November 1988, when the wedding of Scott and Charlene was broadcast to around 20 million people in the UK, almost 18 months after it was broadcast in Australia.
Now, with the end in sight for Australia’s longest-running soapie, Ramsay Street’s most beloved couple is once again whipping fans into a frenzy of excitement.
Details of the 90-minute finale, which will air on 10 on July 28, are being closely guarded, but one “secret” was too good to keep: Jason Donovan and Kylie Minogue will return to the street, 34 years after they said goodbye.
On Monday, the pair released images from their recent return to the Nunawading studio where the show has been filmed since 1986 (following its move to 10 after a year on Seven).
“So good to be back with this absolute legend,” wrote Donovan on Twitter. “Scott and Charlene final scenes.”
“Now we’re back together,” Minogue posted on Instagram.
Moments later, 10 released a few more images of the pair, wrapped in a loving embrace, the one-time mechanic Charlene dressed in dungarees, just like back in the day, a house in the background with a real estate agent’s sign on the front. Has it been sold to Australia’s sweethearts?
It’s worth noting that only one house in Pin Oak Court, the real location of Ramsay Street, is currently advertised for sale – and it is not the house seen in the background of these shots.
“Love that in Charlene’s first scene for Neighbours she was wearing head to toe denim and her last is the same, albeit a slightly more sophisticated look,” noted one fan on Twitter.
Though hotly anticipated, the pair’s involvement in the finale was kept under wraps even from the cast and crew. According to one source close to the production, news of their visit broke only hours before they turned up to film a handful of scenes. Within a couple of hours, they were gone. Was it all just a dream?
Guy Pearce is also understood to have filmed an appearance for the finale. Other famous alumni include Margot Robbie, Craig McLachlan, Brooke Satchwell and Delta Goodrem, but it is not known if any of them will make an appearance.
READ MORE VIA SMH
MOST POPULAR IN NEW ZEALAND
- 20-year-old buys first home after ditching waitress job for OnlyFans
- Real estate brand @realty brings 100% commission with no fees to NZ | WATCH
- Mortgage rates aren’t going to get as high as expected
- Property investor charged with fraudulently obtaining millions of dollars in home loans
- Real estate agent shares two radiant last pictures of his wife who tragically died
- Developer seeks to turn $12.5m heritage farm into luxury golf course | WATCH
- 40 homes closer to being lost after busway decision
- Abandoned land for sale
- Goodbye NZ, G’day Australia: Last one turn off the lights
- REDEMPTION: The Block NZ | 2022 is almost here